First introduced in the Epic Level Handbook (2002), the leShay are described as a race of fey beings somewhere between elves and eladrin (fey Outsiders known “azatas” in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game bestiaries). I always found them intriguing, and even tried my hand at making them into a template available only to elves (similar to the Paragon template found in the ELH) on the WotC forums. Sadly, those posts have been lost.
Anyways, with the advent of the Advanced Race Guide, I decided to try my hand at creating the leShay as an advanced race, and taking a cue from Rite Publishing‘s In the Company of… series, I thought it would be cool to encapsulate most of their racial abilities into a 20-level racial class. However, I found a 25-level class (a la ArcanaEvolved) worked better.
So, without further ado, the most fey elves (or the most elvish fey), the leShay race:
LeShay Characters (16 RP)
Standard Racial Traits
· LeShay (2 RP): LeShay have the fey type. They breathe, eat, and sleep.
· Ability Score Racial Traits: leShay are nimble and alluring, but their lithe form makes them weaker than other races. As a result, leShay gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity and Charisma, but suffer a -2 penalty to Strength.
· Languages (1 RP): LeShay begin play speaking Elven and Sylvan. LeShay with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Defense Racial Traits
· Fey Damage Resistance (3 RP): LeShay have DR 5/cold iron.
· LeShay Immunities (2 RP): LeShay are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
· Spell Resistance (2 RP): LeShay possess spell resistance equal to 6 plus their class levels.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
· Gifted Linguist (2 RP): LeShay gain a +4 racial bonus on Linguistics checks, and learn 2 languages each time they gain a rank in Linguistics.
Magical Racial Traits
· LeShay Magic (2 RP): A leShay can cast arcane mark, detect magic, disguise self (any drow, elf or half-elf), and stabilize, once each per day, using her total character level as here caster level.
Offense Racial Traits
· LeShay Weapon (2 RP): As a move action, a leShay can form a weapon from her very life essence. The leShay chooses whether it will deal bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage. The leShay may change the damage type of an existing weapon, or may summon a new leShay weapon with a different damage type, as a full-round action; otherwise, the leShay weapon retains the last damage type chosen every time it is summoned. Regardless of the damage type, the weapon deals 1d6 points of damage and has a critical range of 19-20/x2. The weapon can be broken (it has hardness 10 and 10 hit points); however, a leShay can simply create another on her next move action. The moment she relinquishes her grip on her weapon, it dissipates. A leShay weapon is considered a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and is considered a masterwork weapon.
Senses Racial Traits
· Low-Light Vision: In dim light, leShay can see twice as far as humans.
Forthcoming: The leShay archon, a 25-level racial class.